CONSTRUCTION & MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR I
City of Oakland
Salary: $7,257 - $8,909 / Monthly
The City of Oakland is currently recruiting to fill three vacancies for the position of Construction & Maintenance Supervisor I in the Building Services Division within the Oakland Public Works Department. The Construction and Maintenance Supervisor I will plan, supervise, assign and evaluate the work of skilled crafts workers and laborers in the construction and maintenance of the City's buildings, furniture, facilities and recreational equipment.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Assign, supervise and evaluate staff in the construction and maintenance of the City's buildings, furniture, facilities and recreational equipment
- Operate a motor vehicle in the performance of assigned duties
- Promote and enforce safety standards
- Evaluate buildings, facilities, furniture and recreational equipment to determine type and amount of materials and labor needed; complete service request forms for each project
- Schedule and implement an annual plan for construction and maintenance projects
- Inspect completed projects to assure compliance with departmental quality standards
- Select and order tools and materials needed for each project
- Supervise particular aspects of the project which require technical expertise to obtain the desired result
- Prepare budget estimates for projects; adhere to project budgets
- Perform related duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications include six years of experience at a skilled or journey level in one or more of a variety of construction trades, including carpentry, plumbing, painting and mechanical systems. Requires equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade. College level coursework in supervision at an accredited college or university is highly desirable. Individuals who are appointed to this position will be required to maintain a valid California Driver's License throughout the tenure of employment OR demonstrate the ability to travel to various locations in a timely manner as required in the performance of duties. The successful candidates will also have knowledge of methods, materials, equipment and tools used in the construction, repair, alteration and maintenance of buildings,
facilities, furniture and equipment; principles of supervision, training and evaluation; building codes; safety principles, practices and procedures; cost estimating methods for project materials and labor; basic report writing; basic arithmetic; and budget monitoring and control.
The eligibility list established from this recruitment may be used to fill other vacancies that may occur within the City, including full-time and permanent part-time positions.
#WORKOAKLAND See us on Facebook
To apply, please visit the City of Oakland’s career page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/oaklandca. You may also call (510) 238-3112 for information. EOE