The Operations Supervisor will perform a variety of administrative and supervisory duties in support of the Operations Division of Public Works. Work will be performed in the field, within Public Rights-of-Way (ROW), in administrative offices, and other locations as needed.
The Operations Supervisor will exercise direct supervision over the Maintenance Foremen and the Traffic Operations Supervisor. Successful candidates must have directly related work experience and demonstrated progressive responsibility in performing ROW maintenance and/or civil construction which includes supervisory or leadership roles.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years experience of increasing responsibility in civil construction work or maintenance in the Public sector.
- Four (4) years of experience in a supervisory/lead role.
- Education and Training:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- License or Certificate:
- Employee must have a valid Class "R" Driver's License and provide a current copy (30 day) MVR at the time of interview.
- Become a certified Traffic Control Supervisor (TCS) within twenty-four (24) months of employment.
- Complete the LTAP Road Scholar II program.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal (CBI) background check.
- Other: Must be available to be on-call, 24/7, including holidays and in emergencies
- Managing snow removal.
- Preferred candidates will have experience working in the public sector or military; understanding of civil engineering principles; and ability to develop work and project standards.
Deadline: July 24, 2018